RFR: 8338306: WebView Drag and Drop fails with WebKit 619.1

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.org
Mon Aug 19 18:21:53 UTC 2024

On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 09:32:22 GMT, Hima Bindu Meda <hmeda at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This commit resolves drag and drop issue observed with Webkit-619.1. Verified build on all platforms. No issue seen

The fix works as expected. I confirm that Drag and Drop fails without the fix and works with the fix.

I left a suggestion and a question inline.

One other question: what was the root cause of this bug? Did WebKit recently change how the different DnD-related events are delivered?

modules/javafx.web/src/main/native/Source/WebKitLegacy/java/WebCoreSupport/WebPage.cpp line 2254:

> 2252:             return 0;
> 2253:         case com_sun_webkit_WebPage_DND_DST_ENTER:
> 2254:             return dragOperationToDragCursor(std::get<std::optional<WebCore::DragOperation>>(dc.dragEnteredOrUpdated(*localMainFrame, WTFMove(dragData))));

This is identical to the body of the two cases below. It might be clearer to remove this return statement (line 2254) to avoid duplication.

Speaking of which, I presume that it is intentional to call `dragOperationToDragCursor` for all three of `DND_DST_ENTER`, `DND_DST_OVER`, and `DND_DST_CHANGE`?