Bug: Times passed to AnimationTimer should not fluctuate

Michael Strauß michaelstrau2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 16:18:48 UTC 2024

The entire idea of using a system timer in the presence of v-sync is
wrong, it simply can't work reliably. We get accurate frame
synchronization for free from Direct3D, we should use that instead of
system timers.

There's a JBS issue with a detailed analysis:
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8136536