priorities

Pedro Duque Vieira pedro.duquevieira at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:22:31 UTC 2018

I agree with Johan: "the key is to provide the performant rendering, and
the most useful API allowing third parties to
create libraries and applications on a variety of platforms".

So my priorities for the JavaFX framework would be:

-> Performance

-> Extensibility.
Providing more hooks for third parties to override and extend the JavaFX
framework. For example allowing things like extending/overriding the CSS
parser (to add animation support for instance). A node that supports native
3D rendering like an OpenGL node, etc. Allowing third party libraries to
extend every aspect of JavaFX.
Another one is relaxing the constraints put up on the development of the
JavaFX API when it was part of the JDK. For example, I think that too many
classes, methods, fields are final and/or private. This hinders third
parties ability to extend the framework.

Cheers,

--
Pedro Duque Vieira - https://www.pixelduke.com