math routine implementation with .s files

Lupusoru, Razvan A razvan.a.lupusoru at intel.com
Mon Jun 4 23:19:03 UTC 2018

Interesting trick. One concern that I have is that the C preprocessor is not used for .s for every architecture. In Linux, assembler is typically a compiler flag and preprocessor also is run before assembling. But, for Windows, a separate assembler with incompatible preprocessor syntax exists. And the makefile changes to support running C preprocessor and also the assembler make it quite complicated (and I am already having a hard time enabling the Windows .s file build because of the incompatible assembler).

Rahul is working on the renaming scheme right now but I am not sure combining them is productive due to difficulty in getting it right and potential bugs we may introduce, plus increased burden to filter out steps in future if any files need updating. Would you be okay if we just rename the files but leave them separated? Thanks!

--Razvan