[foreign] RFR 8211060: Library.getDefault() does not work on Windows

Samuel Audet samuel.audet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 00:47:00 UTC 2018

I'll reply to the renamed thread, sorry about that.

"re-discuss", well, AFAIK, it's never been discussed publicly once
anywhere. One day, someone came up with the idea that interfaces should
be used for everything, and that was the end of the "discussion".
Although I know we're not supposed to have discussions here, there are
no other places to have them, so I'm trying here anyway until you guys
come up with with forums for that. :) The "spec" list is quite low
volume and moderated, not exactly an inviting place for discussion...

Samuel