[foreign-memaccess] [Rev 01] RFR: Add JMH test for loop over sliced segment

Maurizio Cimadamore mcimadamore at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 8 21:32:50 UTC 2020

> This simple patch adds a simple benchmark that does a loop on a segment slice. I found this test useful when
> investigating escape analysis issues of derived segments, so I'm adding it here. With the current implementation
> (MemorySegmentImpl) the difference between the new `segment_loop` and `segment_loop_slice` are negligible, so this can
> be used to spot regressions in that logic.

Maurizio Cimadamore has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Fix duplicate method and replace it with another benchmark to check performancs of view obtained after withAccessMode
  call.

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/panama-foreign/pull/107/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/panama-foreign/pull/107/files/00d3ec18..2236bc13