[vector] Remove div operation from Byte/Short/Int/LongVector

Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Wed Apr 22 21:00:06 UTC 2020

On further discussion with John [1] we agreed we should revert this and add support for all vector types, taking the slow path for integral types until hardware support is added.  Thereby rather than moving backwards we move forward with the API we want, and with the implementation catching up (just like for sin/cos etc).

We looked more closely at ARM SVE SDIV (with some initial head scratching on the definition of the Real function and real type) and SVML and I am more confident it should be possible to support both papering over differences, if any, with regards to div by 0.

I’ll send out another webrev.

Paul.

[1] I did not give him enough time to chime in before I pushed the code.