Making FMA more flexible

Ty Young youngty1997 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:22:48 UTC 2020

On 4/29/20 11:37 AM, Maurizio Cimadamore wrote:

*snip*

> The function descriptor has to be passed to SystemABI to create the
> handle in the first place. At this (low) level, just primitive types,
> segments and addresses.
>
> *after* you get the method handle, you can adapt and obtain a new
> (higher-level) handle.

Thanks.

Question: does MethodHandle have the ability to reference a
yet-to-be-implemented method as a MethodHandle? I'm trying to use an
abstract class to handle the business logic and just have individual
classes implement(via extends) the "callback" method, but it fails,
saying it can't be found. Is there a specific code path that needs to be
taken?