[vectorIntrinsics] RFR: 8283413: Add C2 mid-end and x86 back-end implementation for bit REVERSE and REVERSE_BYTES operation [v6]

Xiaohong Gong xgong at openjdk.org
Tue Jul 19 03:34:36 UTC 2022

Hi @jatin-bhateja ,currently I'm looking at https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8290485, and noticed that you said the transformations for Reverse[bytes] are special that we cannot do the transformations when it is used by a VectorBlend. Could you please explain why? Per my understanding, the masked Reverse[bytes] with VectorBlend should also work, no matter  what changes are applied to the Reverse[bytes], since we only need to make sure the non-masked lanes  come from the first input, and the masked lanes from the second (Reverse[bytes]).  Please incorrect me if I misunderstood. Thanks a lot!