[foreign-memaccess+abi] RFR: 8307253: Make FunctionDescriptor::toMethodType an instance method of Linker

Maurizio Cimadamore mcimadamore at openjdk.org
Tue May 2 14:13:48 UTC 2023

On Tue, 2 May 2023 14:07:40 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadamore at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This patch moves `FunctionDescriptor::toMethodType` as an instance method of `Linker`. This allows linker implementations to be more opinionated on how the function descriptor -> method type conversion should behave.

src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/foreign/abi/aarch64/CallArranger.java line 483:

> 481:                             = storageCalculator.structStorages((GroupLayout) layout, forHFA);
> 482:
> 483:                     for (StorageCalculator.StructStorage structStorage : structStorages) {

This change is not strictly required, but I was getting weird errors when building javadoc from IntelliJ w/o it. Since patterns in for-each are going away anyways, I thought perhaps we could just take care of this.