OS/X OpenGL

Michael Hall mik3hall at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:05:47 UTC 2023

> Linker.defaultLookup returns a lookup which might contain "common" symbols -

Thanks for the explanation.

> On May 10, 2023, at 7:13 AM, Maurizio Cimadamore <maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> This seems to suggest that setting either LD_LIBRARY_PATH or DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and then pass a library name _without slashes_ should work.

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/mjh/Documents/java/panama/mesa-23.0.1/os/lib

I’ve used these variables before and it worked. Not often. Possibly I’ve missed something. I’ll go back over it. Very possibly still something with the loadLibrary not specifying the library properly.

> Regarding your last point on chaining, I'm not sure what you mean by "more complex situation": if you have 5 libraries, you need a composite lookup that has 5 leaf lookups - I doesn't seem to change things much? (and, actually, I think keeping a 1-1 correspondence between leaf lookups and library helps?)

Basically you’re saying you need a length 5 chain that needs to be searched for the leaf? Yes, ultimately you would at some point. Possibly you would be over working a lambda? I thought it might be more a convenience to the developer if they have a collection of Path’s they could specify them in one invocation of libraryLookup and the api would manage the necessary multiple SymbolLookup’s searching for the leaf. The developer can of course manage this themselves although again at some point maybe not with a lambda.

Thanks,
Mike