OS/X OpenGL

Michael Hall mik3hall at gmail.com
Mon May 22 16:47:51 UTC 2023

> On May 22, 2023, at 10:42 AM, Maurizio Cimadamore <maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> We have added this to 21, in the form of an “or” instance method:
>
> https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13954
>
> So:
>
> SymbolLookup MY_LOOKUP = libraryLookup("lib1", arena)
>     .or(libraryLookup("lib2", arena))
>     .or(libraryLookup("lib3", arena))
>     .or(libraryLookup("lib4", arena))
>     .or(libraryLookup("libN", arena));
> Cheers
> Maurizio

I saw that. Also nice.

I got my related code sort of working. Using Mesa for OpenGL I could run a demo to create an offscreen image with jdk20 Panama. This didn’t need -XstartOnFirstThread so could probably be used with Swing.

It took me quite a while. Mainly trying to figure out why the Apple DYLD env variables weren’t working. I sent Martin Pernollet a email if he still has any interest.

Mike