RFR(M): 8024344: PPC64 (part 112): C argument in register AND stack slot.

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Mon Sep 9 02:41:14 PDT 2013

Hi,

On PPC, the first 13 floating point arguments are passed in
floating point registers. Also, all but the first 8 arguments
are passed on the stack. So there can be floating point
arguments that are passed on the stack and in a register.

This change adapts the c_calling_conventions() to this.
We duplicate the regs datastructure passed to c_calling_convention().
This change adapts all the signatures of this function, which is
defined in a shared file, but implemented platform dependent.
How we use this can be seen in the ppc64 sharedRuntime file in
function c_calling_convention() and the stub generators.
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/ppc-aix-port/stage/hotspot/file/bdd155477289/src/cpu/ppc/vm/sharedRuntime_ppc.cpp

Please review and test this change.
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/webrevs/8024344-stackArg/

Best regards,