RFR(M): 8024265: Enable new build on AIX (jdk part)

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 05:43:49 PDT 2013

Hi Erik,

thank for the review!

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Erik Joelsson <erik.joelsson at oracle.com> wrote:
> Hello Volker,
>
> This looks good to me. I think the mapfile situation could be solved better,
> but your solution is probably the simplest, at least if you anticipate using
> them in the future.

Yes, you're right. We still have to figure out the best way of
exporting/hiding symbols on AIX. But with the current solution at
least the build works without fine without big changes and we have
placeholders for AIX-specific export files if we should need them in
the future.

Is it OK if I push this change (with the new BugID
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8024900 created by Vladimir)
to the stage repository? As far as I can see, there are no closed
dependencies in this case.

Thanks,
Volker