JDK 8 b118 ea test results are now available

Balchandra Vaidya balchandra.vaidya at oracle.com
Wed Dec 11 11:26:46 PST 2013

On 11/12/2013 17:55, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
> Balchandra,
>
> The important part of that of interest here is the part about "calls
> jtreg commands
> (one each for jdk, langtools and hotspot) with those recommended
> options".
>
> Is there a way you could post here the segment of the script that does
> that?

Here it is

2.1 Running tests in jdk/test
$ jtreg -dir:{openjdk source top directory}/jdk/test -verbose:summary
-exclude:{openjdk source top directory}/jdk/test/ProblemList.txt
-conc:auto -a -ignore:quiet -timeoutFactor:5 -othervm -testjdk:{location
of the test jdk} `cat dir.list
<http://download.java.net/jdk8/testresults/docs/dir.list>`

2.2 Running tests in langtools/test
$ jtreg -dir:{openjdk source top directory}/langtools/test
-verbose:summary -conc:auto -a -ignore:quiet -timeoutFactor:5 -agentvm
-testjdk:{location of the test jdk} com tools

2.3 Running tests in hotspot/test
$ jtreg -dir:{openjdk source top directory}/hotspot/test
-verbose:summary -conc:auto -a -ignore:quiet -timeoutFactor:5 -agentvm
-testjdk:{location of the test jdk} compiler gc runtime sanity
serviceability

The instructions is at
http://download.java.net/jdk8/testresults/docs/howtoruntests.html
and is linked from
http://www.java.net/download/jdk8/testresults/testresults.html

The caveat in this approach is a human error where one (me) forget to
update the instruction
or forget to remove any additional flags used in the script temporarily
- a mismatch
of the results could occur.