JDK 8 b118 ea test results are now available

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Dec 11 11:54:13 PST 2013

On 11/12/2013 19:26, Balchandra Vaidya wrote:

> :
>
>> Alternatively, that segment of the script could be a candidate for a
>> target in
>> one or more test/Makefile files.
>
> This is good idea, but my experience with the 'make' is that if one
> target critically fail, all
> subsequent targets will not run. I thought it is a restriction of 'make'.

I think Jon is suggesting that the subset that you run be added to
TEST.groups (which will automatically turn it a make targe as way of the
jdk_% rule ). On the surface this is a good idea but when I look at the
subset of the tests that you are running:

:jdk_core
:jdk_svc
:jdk_beans
:jdk_imageio
:jdk_sound
:jdk_sctp
javax/accessibility
com/sun/java/swing
javax/print
sun/pisces
com/sun/awt

then it's a bit ad hoc. I wouldn't object to adding a special group for
this but it really amounts to all jdk tests except for:

java/awt
javax/swing
sun/awt
sun/java2d
com/apple/eawt

If these tests aren't in your runs because of stability issues then we
should make sure that there are bugs submitted and that they get some
focus. In the interim then unstable tests can be @ignore-d or added to
the exclude list. I initially thought that part of the issue was the
othervm vs. agentvm discussion but I see in TEST.ROOT that othervm.dirs
lists these directories already.

-Alan