TestNG build failing with JDK9 Jigsaw due to Gradle

Jochen Theodorou blackdrag at gmx.org
Mon Nov 2 12:55:45 UTC 2015

On 02.11.2015 11:24, Alan Bateman wrote:
[...]
> Uwe Schindler has created a bug on this topic here:
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7587
>
> It makes me wonder if Groovy has ever been used with a security manager
> as it seems to wrap or need access to all JDK-internal types.

This impression is wrong, Groovy does not need access to all
JDK-internal types. But this is a dynamic language at heart. If you do
not have a static type, then the runtime type is what counts, and that
is the exact type, which is sometime an internal JDK type. It means
Groovy has to do the same thing it has to do when a security manager
doesn't like access to this class, which is to not use the specific
class/method, but the super class information... or the information of
that super class.. in worst case this will be Object, which means only
method from Object can be called using Groovy in that case.

The current state is, that this issue is now fixed. The example scripts
in the issue are working. That does not mean we can now run the build on
jigsaw of course.

bye Jochen