Backports to jdk11u and jdk17u

wangyadong (E) yadonn.wang at huawei.com
Tue Jan 17 01:34:11 UTC 2023

>I expect to initiate the backport in a dedicated openjdk/riscv-port-jdk17u repository for exactly that. Until the riscv port is considered very stable and performant, we likely want to keep it in a separate repository. When stable, we can work with the relevant maintainers of jdk8u, jdk11u and jdk17u for possible integrations.

Agree. It’s a good idea to make a stable backport before upstream to jdk17u.
We discussed with Goetz this May [1], and I have an backport version [2] with more changes in shared code protected by #ifdef RISCV that would meet Goetz’s concerns.
I can contribute the initial backport when the riscv-port-jdk17u repo is ready, and we can backport patches we think are necessary until it is ready to go to jdk17u-dev.

Do you think that’s okay?

[1] https://mail.openjdk.org/pipermail/jdk-updates-dev/2022-May/014396.html
[2] https://github.com/yadongw/jdk17u-dev/tree/backport-riscv-port-v5