Backports to jdk11u and jdk17u

Ludovic Henry ludovic at rivosinc.com
Wed Jan 18 09:05:58 UTC 2023

Hi,

> As pointed out in the mail you cited below, not breaking
> existing code is the major concern of such a backport in
> the view of the maintainers.

> Shared changes should be kept to a minimum.
> Especially in 11, only enabling shared changes are
> eligible, not changes that aim to improve the performance.

Thank you for the clarification, that makes a lot of sense, especially the
focus on not breaking users of other platforms.

> It would be great to see a complete list of
> changes that need to be backported.

Let's make sure we can bake the backports in a dedicated repository so that
we can have a better sense on what the changes would entail.

After reaching to skara-dev, the only thing needed to create these
repositories is for the riscv-project to contact ops at openjdk dot org.
@Fei Yang, I am assuming you'd need to contact them being the riscv-port
lead.

Thank you,
Ludovic