[sctp-dev] Integration in JDK7 b56

Christopher Hegarty - Sun Microsystems Ireland Christopher.Hegarty at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 28 05:46:56 PDT 2009

Hi,

It's been a while since my last post. Here's an update on where we are
with this project:

  - Integrated [1] into JDK 7 b56, which will make Milestone 3, the
    JavaOne Preview
  - Minor updates to the the API, b11 is now available [2]
  - Several bug fixes in the implementation

The SCTP API is one of the features listed for JDK 7 [3]. The API and
implementation have evolved over the past number of months since this
project was setup. I have had feedback on this alias and from group
members individually. Now that it has been integrated into the master
JDK 7 repository you can access the API from the JDK 7 Snapshot Releases
[4], as opposed to downloading an SCTP specific build which you had to
do up until now.

I will continue to fix bugs and make minor spec changes where necessary
over then next few months, and depending on severity/urgency I plan to
integrate into the JDK7 repository periodically. Of course, if there is
something that is really hampering your development we can alway release
sctp specific bundles for this.

Please download and try out SCTP with the latest JDK7.

-Chris.

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7/jdk/rev/ffc29fac1330
[2] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/sctp/javadoc/b11/index.html
[3] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk7/features/#f405