RFR: JDK-8055845 - Add trace event for promoted objects

Staffan Friberg staffan.friberg at oracle.com
Mon Aug 25 16:28:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

Could I please get reviews for this RFE that adds a trace event for
aging and promotion for young collections in G1, CMS and Parallel GC.
It works similarly to allocation events, and generates the event on the
slow path when either a direct copy occurs or a new PLAB is request.

Since I'm adding an event I cc:ed the serviceability list in case anyone
has any comments on the event and changes to trace.xml.

RFE: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8055845
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~brutisso/8055845/webrev.00

Bengt has been kind and agreed to both sponsor and host the the webrev.

Thanks,
Staffan