RFR(S): 8044419: TEST_BUG: com/sun/jdi/JdbReadTwiceTest.sh fails when run under root

Mattias Tobiasson mattias.tobiasson at oracle.com
Tue Jan 20 11:25:34 UTC 2015

Thanks for the suggestion. Your suggestion is a better way to check if
the user is root.
But if we only use that check, then we do not verify that the file is
really unreadable.

I do not know if there are any other conditions, besides running as
root, that can fail to make a file unreadable.
I think it feels safer to really try to read the unreadable file. Then
we will get the error message.

I could add a log that says the error message is expected.
And I can change the second "grep" to your suggestion.

Mattias