RFR (XS): 8150986: serviceability/sa/jmap-hprof/JMapHProfLargeHeapTest.java failing because expects HPROF JAVA PROFILE 1.0.1 file format

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Wed Mar 2 18:10:11 UTC 2016

On 3/2/16 9:56 AM, Andreas Eriksson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I please have a review for this small test fix.
>
> Bug: 8150986: serviceability/sa/jmap-hprof/JMapHProfLargeHeapTest.java
> failing because expects HPROF JAVA PROFILE 1.0.1 file format
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aeriksso/8150986/webrev/

test/serviceability/sa/jmap-hprof/JMapHProfLargeHeapTest.java
     L57: private static final String HPROF_HEADER_1_0_1 = "JAVA PROFILE
1.0.1";

     This variable isn't used anymore. Do you want to delete it?
     Or do you want to leave it for documentation/historical purposes?

Thumbs up!

It would also be a good idea to search the various test suites for the
"JAVA PROFILE 1.0.1" pattern to see if there are any other tests that
might need to be updated.

Since this bug (8150986) is an integration_blocker, please feel free
to proceed with just this fix and do any follow-up work with a new bug.

Dan