RFR (XS): 8151064: com/sun/jdi/RedefineAddPrivateMethod.sh fails intermittently

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Thu Mar 3 17:29:14 UTC 2016

 > Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aeriksso/8151064/webrev/

test/com/sun/jdi/RedefineAddPrivateMethod.sh
     L38:         System.out.println("@1 breakpoint");
     L39:         System.out.println("@2 breakpoint");

         With these tests, this is usually done like this:

         System.out.println("stop here for breakpoint 1");  // @1 breakpoint
         System.out.println("stop here for breakpoint 2");  // @2 breakpoint

     I _think_ the scaffold stuff can handle the way you did
     it on all platforms, but I'm not sure. Sorry, my memory
     is a bit rusty on this stuff.

     Thumbs up on the original version or you can change it to
     the above. Your choice.

Dan

P.S.

It occurs to me that in the original code the main() method
is empty, i.e., just comment lines. I have a vague memory
about empty methods being treated differently in HotSpot,
but I don't remember the exact details...