RFR[9u-dev]: 8151509: In check_addr0() function pointer is not updated correctly

Cheleswer Sahu cheleswer.sahu at oracle.com
Fri Mar 11 09:31:55 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas, Dmitry,

Thanks for your review comments.  My answers are below for your review comments

1873       if( 0 != ret % sizeof(prmap_t)){
1874         break;
1875       }

>> For this it has been thought that mostly read() will return the desired number of bytes, but only in case if something goes wrong and read() will  not able to read the data, it will return lesser number of bytes, which contains the partial data of  “prmap_t” structure. The reason could be like file is corrupted, in such cases we don’t want to read anymore and feel it’s safe to skip the rest of file.

2) Just interesting, do you really need to set memory to 0 by memset?

>>  I thought this it is good to have a clean buffer every time we read something into it, but it’s really not that much required as we are reading a binary data. So I am removing this line from the code.

For rest of the comments I have made correction in the code. The new webrev is available in the below location

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~csahu/8151509/webrev.01/

Regards,

Cheleswer