RFR(S): JDK-8151444 JDP not working on some windows configurations

Yasumasa Suenaga yasuenag at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 23:18:53 UTC 2016

Hi Dmitry,

Does your change work on Linux multi-homed environment?
The code which you remove is added at JDK-8057556.

  http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/serviceability-dev/2014-September/015504.html

DiagramChannel which is used in JDPBroadcaster tries to send JDP packet
through all "UP" NICs.
However, NIC which is controlled by NetworkManager seems to be still "UP"
when ifdown command is executed.
(It seems to be removed IP address from NIC only.)

I cannot check your change because I destroyed environment for reproduce.
Did you check your change on Linux multi-homed (and NetworkManager is active)
environment?

Thanks,

Yasumasa