RFR: 8196989: Revamp G1 JMX MemoryPool and GarbageCollector MXBean definitions

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Wed Oct 24 09:57:37 UTC 2018

Hi again,

On Tue, 2018-10-23 at 15:37 +0200, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>   sorry for the long wait.
>
> On Mon, 2018-10-08 at 23:49 +0000, Hohensee, Paul wrote:
> > Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8196989
> > CSR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8196991
> > Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~phh/8196989/webrev.02/
>
> Note that I reviewed the latest change at
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~phh/8196989/webrev.04/
>
> Currently pushing this through our testing.

There are several failures that I think can be directly attributed to
this change:

jdk tests (run jtreg from test/jdk)

com/sun/management/GarbageCollectorMXBean/GarbageCollectionNotification
Test.java: "notifications have not been sent for java.lang:name=G1
Mixed, type=GarbageCollector"
com/sun/management/GarbageCollectorMXBean/GarbageCollectionNotification
ContentTest.java: fails with a NullPointerException

I can reproduce these two locally when running without any additional
options. They seem to only occur with G1.

hotspot tests (run jtreg from test/hotspot)

java/lang/management/MemoryMXBean/MemoryTest.java: "Number of heap
pools = 3, but expected 5"

Note that the test may be called with other collectors than G1 from
outside, just not with ZGC as per the @requires tag, i.e. with
-vmoption:-XX:+UseParallelGC.

Thanks,
  Thomas