RFR: 8219585: [TESTBUG] sun/management/jmxremote/bootstrap/JMXInterfaceBindingTest.java passes trivially when it shouldn't

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Fri Mar 1 16:13:18 UTC 2019

Hi Severin,

On 01/03/2019 15:49, Severin Gehwolf wrote:
> On Fri, 2019-03-01 at 15:08 +0000, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
>> I ran it 50 times in our test system - and it passed on all platforms,
>> so there's yet hope :-)
>
> Thanks for this! I take it, it actually runs the test on some of those
> test systems (no trivial pass)?

Yes - AFAICT it ran on all systems - no trivial pass.
Used to fail on windows before I changed the parent/child
communication channel to use plain stdin instead of relying
on signals.

Note that I had to tweak the various timeouts to make it pass in
a seemingly reliable way - so there's still the risk that it
might start failing again in some esoteric configs...

best regards,

-- daniel