RFR 8218167: nsk/jvmti/scenarios/sampling/SP02/sp02t003 fails

Chris Plummer chris.plummer at oracle.com
Tue Mar 5 03:00:14 UTC 2019

Hi Daniil,

I think the fix is fine.

I was wondering why the test was originally written to use the smaller
of the two stack sizes. I noticed that the "suspended == NSK_TRUE"
checks seem to defend against test failures that might be introduced
with your change (you can only get two different stack sizes when the
thread is not suspended). This check was added as part of the fix for
JDK-8051349, which was done a few months ago, so if the fix for
JDK-8051349 were not in place then your fix would not have worked.

thanks,

Chris