RFR: 8219585: [TESTBUG] sun/management/jmxremote/bootstrap/JMXInterfaceBindingTest.java passes trivially when it shouldn't

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 13:20:49 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-03-08 at 11:59 +0000, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
> - please verify on your local box if testing both plain &
>    SSL with a Thread.sleep(1000) in between makes the test
>    more stable. If it does, then I'd prefer we go down
>    this road rather than selecting one plain vs SSL at random.

I've tested this before. With a sleep of 1 or 2 seconds. It didn't work
reliably for me (it might have been a fastdebug JVM). Eventually, the
SSL version of the test would fail. Yet, the latest version of the
webrev used different sets of ports for SSL and plain so that led me to
believe it's not related to a port clash. So Thread.sleep() wouldn't
help. Have you tried without the sleep at all and running both plain
and SSL in your test system?

This is what I have tried:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sgehwolf/webrevs/JDK-8219585/04/webrev/

If you think we should try this one. That's fine with me.

Thanks,
Severin