RFR(S): JDK-8231635: SA Stackwalking code stuck in BasicTypeDataBase.findDynamicTypeForAddress()

serguei.spitsyn at oracle.com serguei.spitsyn at oracle.com
Sat Nov 9 00:00:31 UTC 2019

Hi Chris,

This seems to be a good fix to have in any case.
This check and bail out is right thing to do and should not break anything.
I understand, this also fixes the test failures.

I only had some experience a long time ago with the support of pstack
and DTrace jstack action implementation which also does such SP
recovering because the ebp can be used by JIT compiler as a general
purpose register. There is no such a problem on sparc.

Thanks,
Serguei