RFR: JDK-8215196: [Graal] vmTestbase/nsk/jvmti/PopFrame/popframe003/TestDescription.java fails with "changes for the arguments of the popped frame's method, did not remain current argument values"

Chris Plummer chris.plummer at oracle.com
Sat Nov 9 00:55:31 UTC 2019

Hi Alex,

Comments below:

On 11/8/19 4:39 PM, Alex Menkov wrote:

> On 11/08/2019 15:22, Alex Menkov wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please review the fix for
>> webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~amenkov/jdk14/popframe_args/webrev/
I don't really see a resolution in the JDK-8215196 comments as to what
is actually broken. Are we sure we want to fix this in the test, and not
require different behavior by the compiler (and also clarify the spec)?

>> Currently PopFrame is disabled with JVMCI by [1], so for testing I
>> reverted [1] changes.
>
> Just to be clear - I temporary reverted [1] for test runs.

The description for JDK-8218025 says that the intention is to only
disable these capabilities for JDK12. Is there a CR to re-enabled them?

thanks,

Chris