Ping: RFR: JDK-8249550: jdb should use loopback address when not using remote agent

Alex Menkov alexey.menkov at oracle.com
Tue Aug 4 23:32:05 UTC 2020

Needs one more reviewer.

One more details to simplify review.
SocketTransportService extends TransportService and spec for
TransportService.startListening() is:

     /**
      * Listens on an address chosen by the transport service.
      *
      * <p> This convenience method works as if by invoking
      * {@link #startListening(String) startListening(null)}.
      *
      * @return  a listen key to be used in subsequent calls to be
      *          {@link #accept accept} or {@link #stopListening
      *          stopListening} methods.
      *
      * @throws  IOException
      *          If an I/O error occurs.
      */
     public abstract ListenKey startListening() throws IOException;

I.e. the fix updates SocketTransportService  to comply the spec.

--alex