RFR: 8256808: com/sun/jdi/CatchAllTest.java failed with "NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "lib.jdb.Jdb.log(String)" because "this.jdb" is null" [v2]

Alex Menkov amenkov at openjdk.java.net
Tue Dec 1 21:05:12 UTC 2020

> JdbTest can get exception before jdb field is initialized.
> As Jdb logging does not depend on the instance, made Jdb.log method static

Alex Menkov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Updated accordingly feedback

  - made Jdb.log instance private method (I'd prefer to keep the method as a single point to logging);
  - updated JdbTest to use System.out.println directly.

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/1443/files/cf63a02e..d271cecc

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=1443&range=01