RFR: 8256718: Obsolete the long term deprecated and aliased Trace flags [v2]

Harold Seigel hseigel at openjdk.java.net
Tue Dec 1 21:48:57 UTC 2020

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 12:10:59 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <coleenp at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Harold Seigel has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   8256718: Obsolete the long term deprecated and aliased Trace flags
>
> I agree with David.  We should remove the helpful messages at least for most of the obsolete Print/Trace flags.  Not sure about the big 3 though.

Thanks everyone for the reviews.  Please review the updated commit which contains the following changes:

1. Moves most of the flags to the normal location for obsolete flags.

2. Keeps the extra -Xlog message for the three most commonly used flags.

3. Removes the removed_develop_logging_flags struct and support functions.

4. Removes the aliased_logging_flags struct and support functions based on Coleen's statement that there are no existing flags that would use it.

Thanks! Harold