RFR (trivial): 8236552: Description of jmxremote.ssl.config.file in ManagementAgent.start is incorrect

Chris Plummer chris.plummer at oracle.com
Sat Jan 4 06:48:42 UTC 2020

Hi Yasumasa,

On 1/3/20 7:28 PM, Yasumasa Suenaga wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for your review!
>
> On 2020/01/04 5:12, Chris Plummer wrote:
>> Hi Yasumasa,
>>
>> The change looks fine, but shouldn't there be a regression test for
>> this feature? It looks like JMXStartStopTest covers some of the
>> options, but most are not tested. Seems we should at least have a
>> test to confirm that the correct property is set.
>
> I agree with you, but it should be handled as another issue IMHO.
> All parameters in command line seem to be tested in
> test/jdk/sun/management/jmxremote/bootstrap.
I don't see them all being tested. For example, I don't see any jdb
related properties being tested, and also noticed some jmxremote ones
are missing.
> I guess we can port them to jcmd tests, but it might be hard.
I think as long as the bootstrap tests provide the coverage, the only
thing the jcmd tests need to test for is that the property gets set.

> I will file it to JBS and will push 8236552 if you are ok.
> What do you think?
That sounds fine.

thanks,

Chris