RFR: 8272398: Update DockerTestUtils.buildJdkDockerImage()

Mikhailo Seledtsov mseledtsov at openjdk.java.net
Mon Aug 16 23:40:44 UTC 2021

Please review this change that updates the buildJdkDockerImage() test library API.

This work originated while working on "8195809: [TESTBUG] jps and jcmd -l support for containers is not tested".
The initial intent was to extend the buildJdkDockerImage() API of DockerTestUtils to accept custom Dockerfile content.
As I analyzed the usage of buildJdkDockerImage() I realized that:
  - 2nd argument "dockerfile" is always the same: "Dockerfile-BasicTest"
      its use has been obsolete for some time, in favor of Dockerfile generated by DockerTestUtils
  - 3rd argument "buildDirName" is also always the same: "jdk-docker"

Hence I thought it would be a good idea to simplify this API and make it up-to-date.

Also, since the method signature is being updated, I thought it would be a good idea to also change the name to use more generic container terminology:
buildJdkDockerImage() --> buildJdkContainerImage()

Commit messages:
 - Updated buildJdkDockerImage, changed signature and renamed to buildJdkContainerImage
 - Proposed docker build API updates

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5134&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/5134/head:pull/5134