RFR: 8266459: Implement JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal

Sean Mullan mullan at openjdk.java.net
Tue May 18 15:49:38 UTC 2021

On Tue, 18 May 2021 15:19:21 GMT, Alan Bateman <alanb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> It includes both:
>> ![Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8 41 11 AM](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/35072269/118652730-dfb35400-b7b4-11eb-83ee-92be9136fea2.jpg)
>
> Thanks for checking, I assumed that was the case so wondering if it should be dropped from the deprecation text to avoid the repeated sentence.

My feeling is that it is better to be more specific than the generic removal text as this is the most significant class that is being deprecated for removal. Also, this says "the Security Manager" (note the space between) which really encompasses more than the `java.lang.SecurityManager` API and which is explained more completely in the JEP.