RFR: 8289711: Add container configuration data to mbeans [v2]

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Wed Jul 6 06:02:39 UTC 2022

On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 03:52:30 GMT, xpbob <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Container configuration information is useful for troubleshooting problems,Exposing information in MBeans is ideal for monitoring, jConsole, and other scenarios.
>> Results the following
>> ![图片](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/7837910/177248834-50beefe9-4db6-470c-8f15-df5a93892804.png)
>
> xpbob has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   update header

It's not clear that introducing this as a standard API is the right thing to do. Are you 100% confident that the concepts of "CPU quota", "CPU shares", "CPU period", "soft limit" etc. will last the test of time and that we don't be back here next year with another PR to deprecate or replace this API?  I don't disagree that exposing a MXBean could be useful for monitoring/management purposes but I think we have to be cautious getting locked in. A possible standard point for prototyping purposes and getting feedback is a JDK-specific MXBean (module jdk.management).