RFR: 8289780: Remove Forte::register_stub

Ioi Lam iklam at openjdk.org
Wed Jul 6 17:52:04 UTC 2022

On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 00:38:14 GMT, Ioi Lam <iklam at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I removed `Remove Forte::register_stub` since it's used only by the Solaris Forte(TM) Performance Tools collector, which is no longer supported by the JDK.
>
> I also fixed a couple of places where the stub name is computed unnecessarily.
>
> Also renamed some `#ifndef IA64` around the code that I touched.

It turns out that `collector_func_load` is used by OracleDeveloperStudio on Linux as well, so I can't remove the call to collector_func_load. I think this (weak) function will be non-null when OracleDeveloperStudio loads the JVM:

$ nm OracleDeveloperStudio12.6-linux-x86-bin/developerstudio12.6/lib/analyzer/amd64/libcollector.so \
     | grep collector_func_load
000000000002efd0 T __collector_func_load
000000000002efd0 W collector_func_load

So slight change of plan. I am adding a check to avoid computing the `blob_id`, etc, when Forte::is_enabled()` is false, which will be the case in most cases.