RFR: 8256811: Delayed/missed jdwp class unloading events [v17]

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.org
Thu Jul 21 04:15:08 UTC 2022

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 03:51:32 GMT, Serguei Spitsyn <sspitsyn at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The following RN is related to this question:
> https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8256558
> It explicitly says: `SetNotificationMode can be used to explicitly flush ObjectFree events, if needed.`

That wasn't quite what I was getting at. My comment / question was much more general. If you call SetEventNotificationMode() to disable a specific event, once it returns are you guaranteed that no more events will be delivered. This means that if JVMTI was in the middle of calling the event handler at the same time that SetEventNotificationMode() is called, then before returning, SetEventNotificationMode() will block until the event handler returns.