RFR: 8282691: add jdb support for passing --enable-preview and --add-modules to the debuggee JVM

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.java.net
Mon Mar 7 19:37:02 UTC 2022

On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 12:02:56 GMT, Alan Bateman <alanb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Changes look okay, I'm just not sure if the localised resources should be updated as part of this PR as they are usually done later in the release.

The problem is that if you don't have an entry then it throws an exception when trying to access the resource, so we include the entry but don't localize it. We had another recent case where this came up and decided then to include the unlocalized entries:

256         {"repeat is on", "Repeat is on"},
257         {"repeat is off", "Repeat is off"},
258         {"repeat usage", "Usage: repeat <on|off>"},

Note for the help output, it's all one big resource, so there is no issue with the new options not being present there (and adding unlocalized options would be messy).