RFR: 8282691: add jdb "-R" option for passing any argument to the launched debuggee process [v2]

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.java.net
Wed Mar 9 20:02:42 UTC 2022

On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 14:00:37 GMT, Kevin Walls <kevinw at openjdk.org> wrote:

> There is some magic that lets us add "--add-modules", then "jdk.attach" separately, but retrieve them later as "--add-modules=jdk.attach" in the test. I don't see what is doing that, so I ran it and verified the test works.

Thought I had answered this yesterday, but I don't see my reply. Yes, there appears to be some magic somewhere, but I can't find it. Must be in the launcher because the hotspot arguments.cpp only accepts the "=" from of the argument:

    } else if (match_option(option, "--add-modules=", &tail)) {
      if (!create_numbered_module_property("jdk.module.addmods", tail, addmods_count++)) {
        return JNI_ENOMEM;
      }