RFR: 8282475: SafeFetch should not rely on existence of Thread::current [v7]

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.java.net
Mon Mar 21 13:21:40 UTC 2022

The conversation here is some what hard to follow. I do see that "foreign threads" was mentioned by @tstuefe  in the context of AGCT but I have to assume he misspoke there (assuming a foreign thread is one not attached to the VM) as AGCT only works for attached JavaThreads. The signal handler that will call AGCT has to be prepared to find any kind of thread in any state, but AGCT should only be called on the right kinds of thread in the right state.