RFR: 8303921: serviceability/sa/UniqueVtableTest.java timed out

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.org
Tue Mar 14 22:54:12 UTC 2023

On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 22:05:44 GMT, Alex Menkov <amenkov at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The change:
> - updates UniqueVtableTest to follow standard SA way - attach to target from subprocess and use SATestUtils.addPrivilegesIfNeeded for the subprocess;
> - updates several tests in the same directory to resolve NoClassDefFoundError failures; It's known JTReg issue that "@build" actions for part of used shared classes may cause intermittent NoClassDefFoundError in other tests which use the same shared library classpath.
>
> Tested: 100 runs on all platforms, no failures

Changes requested by cjplummer (Reviewer).

test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/sa/UniqueVtableTest.java line 158:

> 156:             Long.toString(lingeredAppPid));
> 157:         SATestUtils.addPrivilegesIfNeeded(processBuilder);
> 158:         OutputAnalyzer SAOutput = ProcessTools.executeProcess(processBuilder);

`SAOutput`: local variables should start with lower case.

test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/sa/UniqueVtableTest.java line 168:

> 166:         try {
> 167:             app = LingeredApp.startApp();
> 168:             createAnotherToAttach(app.getPid());

Did you ever figure out why attaching from the main test process sometimes fails?

test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/sa/UniqueVtableTest.java line 195:

> 193:         } else {
> 194:             runTest(Long.parseLong(args[0]));
> 195:         }

Could use some comments here. Also, I think `SATestUtils.skipIfCannotAttach` is only needed for the `else` part.