RFR: 8303921: serviceability/sa/UniqueVtableTest.java timed out [v2]

Daniel D. Daugherty dcubed at openjdk.org
Mon Mar 20 17:55:01 UTC 2023

On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 00:34:00 GMT, Alex Menkov <amenkov at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The change:
>> - updates UniqueVtableTest to follow standard SA way - attach to target from subprocess and use SATestUtils.addPrivilegesIfNeeded for the subprocess;
>> - updates several tests in the same directory to resolve NoClassDefFoundError failures; It's known JTReg issue that "@build" actions for part of used shared classes may cause intermittent NoClassDefFoundError in other tests which use the same shared library classpath.
>>
>> Tested: 100 runs on all platforms, no failures
>
> Alex Menkov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   feedback

Sigh... And again we have the situation where some folks are adding
`@build` directives and other folks are removing `@build` directives.

Another recent PR added library build directives:
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/13085

based on quoted guidance from the JTREG documentation.

This mess is related to:
[CODETOOLS-7902847](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/CODETOOLS-7902847)
Class directory of a test case should not be used to compile a library

and NoClassDefFoundErrors show up when doing parallel execution of tests
where more than one test uses the "offending" library.

We really, really need @jonathan-gibbons to chime in on review threads like these.