RFR: JDK-8304163: Move jdk.internal.module.ModuleInfoWriter to the test library [v2]

Daniel D. Daugherty dcubed at openjdk.org
Mon Mar 20 17:55:59 UTC 2023

On Sat, 18 Mar 2023 19:14:09 GMT, Mandy Chung <mchung at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> `ModuleInfoWriter` is not used by the runtime.   Move it to the test library as `jdk.test.lib.util.ModuleInfoWriter`.   The tests are updated to use the test library instead.   `ModuleInfoWriter` depends on `jdk.internal.module` types and the Classfile API.   Hence `@modules java.base/jdk.internal.classfile` and other classfile subpackages are added.
>
> Mandy Chung has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   move @library after @modules per the recommended ordering

Sigh... And again we have the situation where some folks are adding
`@build` directives and other folks are removing `@build` directives.

Another recent PR removed library build directives:
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/13030

and that made the related tests stop failing with NoClassDefFoundErrors.

This mess is related to:
[CODETOOLS-7902847](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/CODETOOLS-7902847)
Class directory of a test case should not be used to compile a library

and these problems show up when doing parallel execution of tests
where more than one test uses the "offending" library.

We really, really need @jonathan-gibbons to chime in on review threads like these.