RFR: 8304543: Modernize debugging jvm args in test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/jdi/Argument/value/value004.java

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Tue Mar 21 07:29:44 UTC 2023

On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 19:47:10 GMT, Eirik Bjorsnos <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Please review this PR which replaces the use of outdated JVM flags for setting up debugging in the test value004.java
>
> This is part of an ongoing effort to remove use of the outdated flag '-Djava.compiler" such that the option itself can eventually be removed.

Marked as reviewed by alanb (Reviewer).

test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/jdi/Argument/value/value004.java line 125:

> 123:                 flg = true;
> 124:                 ovl = argHandler.getLaunchExecPath() + " "
> 125:                      +"-agentlib:jdwp=transport=" + c.transport().name() +",server=n,suspend=y,"

Good. Full speed debugging came in JDK 1.4. In JDK 1.5, -agentlib and -agentpath were added a standard options for starting agents on the command line so -Xdebug because redundant. I think -Xnoagent dates from Classic VM.