RFR: 8304725: AsyncGetCallTrace can cause SIGBUS on M1

Thomas Stuefe stuefe at openjdk.org
Thu Mar 23 07:06:44 UTC 2023

On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 06:05:33 GMT, Johannes Bechberger <jbechberger at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Seems okay. But I am really over this game of whack-a-mole with ThreadWXEnable.
>
>> Seems okay. But I am really over this game of whack-a-mole with ThreadWXEnable.
>
> You're not the only one.
>
> Andrei Pangin added a workaround to async-profiler, so nobody noticed the problem before.

@parttimenerd I think you need two reviews in hotspot for integration.

You now effectively disable execution of generated code for the whole extend of AGCT? So we cannot call stub routines anymore. Won't hurt safefetch since it uses static assembly now, but something to keep in mind if you ever want to downport this.