RFR: 8304834: Fix wrapper insertion in TestScaffold.parseArgs(String args[])

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.org
Fri Mar 24 04:42:29 UTC 2023

On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 21:49:55 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <lmesnik at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The TestScaffold incorrectly parse options, it should insert wrapper class between VM options and applications classame.

Sorry I'm struggling a bit to see where the current parsing logic is failing. Can you given an example of a command-line that will get processed incorrectly? I'm not sure why the generic "if it starts with `-` then add it to vmargs" is needed as any option that starts with `-` should either be one known by the framework and explicitly handled in the parsing, or else be a -J-XXX flag to pass to the VM. So AFAICS the existing logic will just append anything it doesn't recognise to the app command line - and that seem the right thing to do.